|HART takes you AirFest!|
More than 50,000 are expected to attend the event. If you're planning on attending the event, HART and MacDill AFB have partnered to provide transportation for Airfest 2016 in order to minimize event traffic congestion on March 19 and 20. Gates open at 8:00 a.m. Aerial Performances begin at 10:00 a.m.
Here are your HART options for getting to the Fest:
- Route 4 will operate serving Marion Transit Center and the Whiting Street Parking Garage in Downtown
- Route 4 will begin service at 8:00 a.m., southbound service will cease after 3:00 p.m. Northbound service from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Route 36 (6 a.m. - 7 p.m.) will terminate at Britton Plaza. Patrons can board the Route 4 from Britton Plaza to continue to MacDill AFB.
- Additionally, Route 19 will serve Britton Plaza, operating regular route. However, expect major delays.
Please note: MacDill AFB is a high security facility and certain items are prohibited.
What NOT To Bring:
- Firearms (CCW Permits not recognized/honored) NOTE: Off-duty/Retired LEOs must leave firearm in vehicle.
- Replica or toy weapons
- Stun guns, tasers, any electrical discharge devices
- Knives, box cutters, cutting devices (any blade size) NOTE: This includes multi-tools, Swiss army knives, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Sharp objects, sticks or poles of any kind
- Batons and Asps
- Pepper spray, mace or any chemical dispensing device'
- Any type of weapons to include "self-defense" weapons
- UAVs, drones, or any type of remote controlled vehicles
- Drugs, controlled substances, drug paraphernalia
- Any size coolers. EXCEPTION: small handheld coolers with baby food (formula and food in PLASTIC containers) or medications will be allowed after inspection
- Alcoholic beverages (not purchased at event)
- Food or beverage items (not purchased at event) EXCEPTION: plastic bottled water
- Any glass bottles or glass containers of any kind
- Portable BBQ or cooking devices
- Skates, roller blades, skateboards, scooters, OR HOVERBOARDS
- Bicycles not allowed past the security screening area
- Banners or signs on a pole of any kind
- Clothing with objectionable language or images (profanity, racist, anti-military, anti-government, obscene)
- Costumes or any garment resembling military personnel or law enforcement officers
- Pets (with exception to service dogs)
- Any other items base personnel consider a security or safety risk
Feel the need... the need for speed, at AirFest 2016. HART Takes You There.