Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Monday, December 28, 2015
New Year's Eve is coming up and we've got a big time college football bonanza to bring in the New Year!
HART and the TECO Line Streetcar System would like to welcome all the Northwestern University and University of Tennessee coaches, players and fans to Tampa for the 2016 Outback Bowl!
We understand the difficulties in attempting to navigate the local public transportation scene without an idea on what to see and do and how to get there. So, we created this guide that breaks down some of Tampa's best attractions and how to get there with HART and the TECO Line Streetcar!
Use HART to get to the following Tampa attractions and avoid the parking hassles:
- Busch Gardens - Routes 5, 18, 39
- Lowry Park Zoo - Routes 41, 45
- Florida Aquarium - Route 8, the TECO Line Streetcar
- Channelside Bay Plaza (Dining, retail, Splitsville) - Route 8, the TECO Line Streetcar
- Ybor City Historic District (Centro Ybor) - Routes 8, 5, 9, 12, 18, 46 the TECO Line Streetcar
- International Plaza (Shopping) - 15, 30, 61LX
- Lowry Park Zoo - Routes 41, 45
- Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) - Route 6
- Amalie Arena - Route 8, The In-Towner, TECO Line Streetcar
- David A. Straz Jr. Center - 7, 10, 14, The In-Towner
- Tampa Convention Center - Route 4, 19, In-Towner, TECO Line Streetcar
- Tampa Museum of Art - Routes 7, 10, 14, In-Towner
- Tampa Theatre - Route 4, 8, 19, 30, 46, In-Towner
- Glazer's Children Museum - Routes 7, 10, 14, In-Towner
- University of South Florida - Routes 5, 6, 18, 21LX, MetroRapid
- Westshore Plaza (Shopping) - Routes 15, 30, 45, HARTFlex South Tampa
- Raymond James Stadium (Home of the Outback Bowl) - Routes 7, 32, 36, 41, 45
Only $2.00 for a one-way ride!
Flying out? Route 30 runs between downtown and Tampa International Airport every 30 minutes on weekdays and weekends. Service begins at 4:30 a.m. through midnight during the week and 6:30 a.m. to midnight p.m. on the weekends.
A 3-day Visitor Unlimited HARTride card is your best bet at only $11.75 and valid on all HART local buses, MetroRapid, In-Towner and the TECO Line Streetcar System.
Things to know about the In-Towner and TECO Line Streetcar System:
|The TECO Line Streetcar at Dick Greco Plaza|
TECO Line Streetcar System: The streetcar line runs on rails that connects Ybor City, The Channel District, and Downtown Tampa. It operates 12 p.m. - 10 p.m. Monday - Thursday, 11 a.m. - 1:30 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and Noon - 8 p.m. on Sunday. Streetcar Operators do not provide change.
It's easy to plan your own trip! Visit www.goHART.org to use the Google Trip Planner feature or call 813-254-HART (4278). Real-time arrival information is available via OneBusAway Tampa.
Click here for a map of downtown Tampa's network of public transportation service, including streetcar stops, The In-Towner and HART bus routes.
FREE* New Year's Eve Service
Spending the New Year in Tampa? The TECO Line Streetcar System will operate until 1:30 a.m. to serve those attending the Fireworks Display in Channelside. HART will operate on a Sunday service level for New Year's Day. The Streetcar will be FREE to ride after 7 p.m. Avoid the traffic and parking hassle in the Channel District!
Have a great time watching the Wildcats take on the Volunteers in the New Year's Day showdown and enjoy all that Tampa has to offer!
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
|HART is looking for feedback on our service.|
How can HART improve its services to best meet your travel needs? That's one of questions the agency will be asking random riders starting today. HART wants to know how satisfied its customers are with their bus service.
Beginning Tuesday, December 8, and continuing through next week, an on-board survey team from TransPro Consulting will be traveling the HART system talking with riders once again and asking questions about how they use HART services and its performance.
Members of the survey team will be identifiable by name badges and will select riders at random. The information collected is the second round of the HART 2015 Customer Service Satisfaction Survey which will be used to better understand its customers' opinions of existing service and areas of priority that need improvement.
"We know that people are busy these days, but we really hope they take the time to talk to the members of the survey team and take the survey," said HART Chief Financial Officer Jeff Seward. "The more input we get from the public on different transit issues, the better job we can do in meeting passenger needs."
The information collected from this second on-board survey will be part of the overall customer service satisfaction data which will be used to inform future planning, communicate more effectively with customers and market HART to infrequent riders. Once complete HART will have a robust voice of customer (VOC) scorecard to continually measure customer satisfaction.
Thursday, October 8, 2015
With over 20,000 fans converging on Amalie Arena, the TECO Line Streetcar System offers a low cost and convenient way to avoid all the game traffic in downtown. Park in any of the Ybor City garages and ride the streetcar, which drops off right behind Amalie Arena!
Coming from the West?
Park in the Fort Brooke Garage located on Franklin St. and Whiting St., Whiting Station is directly across the street from the garage.
Not going to the game? Anyone can take advantage of this later service to get around Downtown Tampa, the Channel District and Ybor City!
|Ticket Vending Machines are located at every station|
Know before you go:
- Streetcar Motormen do not provide change. Please use the ticket vending machine located at the station if you do not have exact change or are paying with a debit/credit card.
- Streetcar service will operate until the Tampa Bay Lightning games have ended, with one last trip immediately following the game.
- A map of the TECO Line Streetcar System can be found here.
TECO Line Streetcar System fares and regular service hours can be found at www.TECOlinestreetcar.org.
Tampa Bay Lightning game schedule and ticket information can be found here.
Wednesday, September 9, 2015