New Year's Eve is coming up and we've got a big time college football bonanza to bring in the New Year!
HART and the TECO Line Streetcar System would like to welcome all the Northwestern University and University of Tennessee coaches, players and fans to Tampa for the 2016 Outback Bowl!
We understand the difficulties in attempting to navigate the local public transportation scene without an idea on what to see and do and how to get there. So, we created this guide that breaks down some of Tampa's best attractions and how to get there with HART and the TECO Line Streetcar!
Use HART to get to the following Tampa attractions and avoid the parking hassles:
- Busch Gardens - Routes 5, 18, 39
- Lowry Park Zoo - Routes 41, 45
- Florida Aquarium - Route 8, the TECO Line Streetcar
- Channelside Bay Plaza (Dining, retail, Splitsville) - Route 8, the TECO Line Streetcar
- Ybor City Historic District (Centro Ybor) - Routes 8, 5, 9, 12, 18, 46 the TECO Line Streetcar
- International Plaza (Shopping) - 15, 30, 61LX
- Lowry Park Zoo - Routes 41, 45
- Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) - Route 6
- Amalie Arena - Route 8, The In-Towner, TECO Line Streetcar
- David A. Straz Jr. Center - 7, 10, 14, The In-Towner
- Tampa Convention Center - Route 4, 19, In-Towner, TECO Line Streetcar
- Tampa Museum of Art - Routes 7, 10, 14, In-Towner
- Tampa Theatre - Route 4, 8, 19, 30, 46, In-Towner
- Glazer's Children Museum - Routes 7, 10, 14, In-Towner
- University of South Florida - Routes 5, 6, 18, 21LX, MetroRapid
- Westshore Plaza (Shopping) - Routes 15, 30, 45, HARTFlex South Tampa
- Raymond James Stadium (Home of the Outback Bowl) - Routes 7, 32, 36, 41, 45
Only $2.00 for a one-way ride!
Flying out? Route 30 runs between downtown and Tampa International Airport every 30 minutes on weekdays and weekends. Service begins at 4:30 a.m. through midnight during the week and 6:30 a.m. to midnight p.m. on the weekends.
A 3-day Visitor Unlimited HARTride card is your best bet at only $11.75 and valid on all HART local buses, MetroRapid, In-Towner and the TECO Line Streetcar System.
Things to know about the In-Towner and TECO Line Streetcar System:
|The TECO Line Streetcar at Dick Greco Plaza|
TECO Line Streetcar System: The streetcar line runs on rails that connects Ybor City, The Channel District, and Downtown Tampa. It operates 12 p.m. - 10 p.m. Monday - Thursday, 11 a.m. - 1:30 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and Noon - 8 p.m. on Sunday. Streetcar Operators do not provide change.
It's easy to plan your own trip! Visit www.goHART.org to use the Google Trip Planner feature or call 813-254-HART (4278). Real-time arrival information is available via OneBusAway Tampa.
Click here for a map of downtown Tampa's network of public transportation service, including streetcar stops, The In-Towner and HART bus routes.
FREE* New Year's Eve Service
Spending the New Year in Tampa? The TECO Line Streetcar System will operate until 1:30 a.m. to serve those attending the Fireworks Display in Channelside. HART will operate on a Sunday service level for New Year's Day. The Streetcar will be FREE to ride after 7 p.m. Avoid the traffic and parking hassle in the Channel District!
Have a great time watching the Wildcats take on the Volunteers in the New Year's Day showdown and enjoy all that Tampa has to offer!