Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Flamingo Fares is Here!

One Application. One Region. One Fare.

Flamingo Fares has arrived!

With the launch of the Flamingo app on Monday, September 5, riders on both sides of the bay can now purchase a single fare for travel between both Hillsborough and Pinellas counties! The Flamingo app allows patrons to book a 3-day unlimited regional pass, valid for 3 consecutive days for only $11!

The 3-day pass is a test of the technology that will soon allow for the purchase of a variety of pass options, including 1-day, 31-day, etc.
E-fare will be animated and interactive

To pay with Flamingo, customers download the Flamingo app, purchase a ticket on the app, activate it, and show the screen to the Bus Operator upon boarding the vehicle. The mobile payment app will be free to download and available in the iPhone App Store and Google Play Store.

Cash will continue to be accepted on both transit systems, but with a smartphone app, patrons no longer have to worry about carrying the correct change or buying separate fares for different legs of their trip.  

Soon it will bring HART and PSTA into the future by providing easier, faster, and more convenient ways for riders to pay their fares on HART and PSTA.

The 3-Day (consecutive) unlimited ride ticket is valid on all HART and PSTA bus services, as well as, HARTFlex, The TECO Line Streetcar System, Jolley Trolley, Looper Trolley. Flamingo Fares are not valid on HARTPlus or PSTA DART.

This is just the beginning! Hernando, Pasco, Manatee and Sarasota Counties are also implementing the new technology for a future release. HART and PSTA expect to have the total system, which will include smart card technology, up and running by 2018.

After the test period, data from both agencies will be analyzed to determine what concerns need to be addressed before the full system is implemented in 2018.

24 comments:

  1. I am not allowed to use American Express as a form of payment. Unacceptable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this work for Hillsborough County, Florida? I did not see that county listed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It absolutely does! The Flamingo Fares pilot includes HART in Hillsborough County and PSTA in Pinellas.

      Delete
  3. After showing the ticket to the bus driver, I minimized/closed The app. I went back in for my next bus, and it disappeared. Now I am paying twice... Please fix this to allow us to close and reopen without error.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I would share my feelings and experience using the new Flamingo pass.

    Well, in a word I love the it. I have bought four passes since the program started. Believe it or not, it has made me look forward to taking the bus. My favorite feature, being able to use it on PSTA and Hart! Amazing! I also like being able to use it on the commuter bus (100x) between the two counties. Amazing, again!

    Using the pass takes all the fumbling, searching and worry out of using a standard paper pass. I also know where it is all the time.

    Oh, did I mention the cost? Next to the convenience, the low cost is unbelievable! If I had to change anything it would be to offer a three AND five day pass option. I have a feeling it would be a big hit. I know it would be with me.

    Happy riding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking to expand the available pass options (1-day, 31-day,etc.) later this year!

      Delete
  5. Is there a paper ticket version of this? I'm a visitor that will use both Hart and PSTA systems for 3 days and this would be perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there a paper ticket version of this? I'm a visitor that will use both Hart and PSTA systems for 3 days and this would be perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Unfortunately, there is not. This is a special fare that is being tested with the Flamingo Fares app. Both HART and PSTA have 3-day Visitor Passes, but they do not include both systems.

      Delete
  7. Can this pass be used on the 100x or 300x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can this be used on the LX buses in tampa?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will there be 1-day tickets available besides streetcar? Why is the 3-day pass more than buying 3 passes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Flamingo Fares app is currently in testing. One-day passes will be available in the near future - by summer 2018. The 3-day pass provides unlimited access to HART and also PSTA service in Pinellas. The pass is priced toward Express users.

      Delete
  11. Can the 1 day streetcar pass available on flamingo also be used on other HART local services?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there!

      No. The 1-day Streetcar pass is valid ONLY on the TECO Line Streetcar System.

      Delete
  12. I attempted to purchase the $85 31-day pass but upon entering my debit card info it requires 2 fields I am unfamiliar with, and will not allow me to proceed until I add them; one being Card Nickname, whatever that is, and one being something that follows the CVV # that starts with "POST" but is not at all clear what it's referring to. Postal code? Some help would be nice, pls. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I rode the #1 bus today from UATC and was told that i will no longer be able to pay as I go in the future..that all transactions will be done on my smart phone using the new flamingo app...
    1- don't have smart phone...2- need receipt for proof of bus ticket for my transportation reimbursement of travel, how will that be accomplished and 3- have a discount pass for disability how will that work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are sorry, but you received incorrect information. Flamingo Fares is simply a NEW way to pay. We will not be forcing anyone to download the app and pay via smartphone. In summer of 2018, we will transition to re-loadable smart card technology, but will continue to accept cash as well.

      Apologies for any confusion.

      Delete
  14. My iphone had to be restored from an iTunes backup. After it was restored, the Flamingo app showed my ticket as locked. When I click on information, it says it is being used on another device, but it is the same phone just restored from a backup made the same day it was restored. Is there a way to make the app recognize that it is still on the same phone?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to restore my iphone from an itunes backup. Now when I try to use my ticket, the app tells me that the ticket is being used on another device. It is the same device I was using the ticket on before the restore. The backup used to restore was made the same day the restore was run. Is there a way for the app to realize it is running on the same phone and give me my ticket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there,

      Please call HART Customer Service at 813-254-4278 and they can assist you.

      Delete

Comments to this blog are moderated by HART staff. Constructive comments are welcome; any obscene, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate comments will be deleted before posting. Questions about specific service ("is my bus on time?") cannot be answered here, and should be directed to the HARTinfo Line at (813) 254-HART (4278). General questions may be addressed in future posts.