Clear your calendar, grab your bike and head on over to Flatwoods Park in Thonotosassa as SWFBUD, the alliance of Tampa Bay bicycle stores, is proud to put on the 2011 SWFBUD Bicycle Bash Festival. The fest, celebrating bicycling in the Tampa Bay area is Nov. 6 from 10 am to 4 pm.
The Bicycle Bash gives the Tampa Bay's bicycle community a chance to come together and promote bicycling as a healthy lifestyle, effective transportation and asset to the region.
HART realizes the importance of our bi/tri-wheel counterpart and how it complements public transportation in a well-rounded car-free lifestyle. We'll have a booth, along with a HARTFlex van demonstration on using the new "Bikes on Vans" rack as well as a how-to on bringing folded bikes on-board.
We're not alone at the event...
The 5th Annual Bicycle Bash will also feature:
- Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn leading a bike ride called the Buckhorn Bash Ride around the Flatwoods 7-mile loop at 11:15 AM.
- The SWFBUDDY Awards given to local Tampa Bay residents and officials who have worked to make the area a more bicycle-friendly community.
- A Swap Meet where people can buy used bike gear; food provided by the famed Taco Bus Food Truck; and music.
- Guest announcers Skip Mahaffey and Brendan McLaughlin of Channel 28 Action News
- Free bike gear giveaway drawings; an artist doing creating live bicycle painting;
- SWFBUD lawyers will be on hand to offer free legal advice regarding bicycle issues.
- Tampa BayCycle will provide a free BikeSmart bike education class and Tampa Bay's bicycle clubs will be on hand to talk about bike rides throughout the region. HART and the Hillsborough MPO will also discuss transportation plans and initiatives.
|*Courtesy of SWFBUD|
The Bicycle Bash, co-sponsored by The Cure on Wheels charity bike ride and Hillsborough County is FREE and open to all! Flatwoods Park is located at Flatwoods Park, 14302 Morris Bridge Road, Thonotosassa, FL 33592 - think Bruce B. Downs exit of 1-75 North.
Please log on to www.bicyclebash.com for more information.