Wednesday, October 10, 2018

HART Operator Wins Third Place from Industry Association!

HART bus operator Jimmy Suarez

Jimmy Suarez, a 15-year bus operator at HART, is being honored with the distinction of third place Operator of the Year by the Florida Public Transportation Association (FPTA).

Suarez's nomination and win celebrates his exemplary customer service and impeccable safety record, including 14 consecutive years of safe driving, and more than 1.5 million miles behind the wheel.

"I have been doing this for a long time. I take pride in my driving and taking care of my customers," said Suarez. "I take my job very seriously because I have a responsibility to protect my customers. When I notice a new customer boarding my bus, I consider them a new family member. I do my best to make them feel comfortable and give them a good experience with HART."

The award is presented annually to operators whose service has "enriched and enhanced" public transportation in the community.

Recently, Suarez was honored with the Million Mile Award and has received numerous rider commendations. He is known for his enthusiastic attitude, excellent driving skills, good judgment, and first-class customer service to our passengers.

"It is dedicated professionals like Jimmy Suarez, and our Million Miles honorees who make it possible for HART to receive accolades from our peers for our hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence, said HART Interim CEO, Jeff Seward. "We could not be more proud of our outstanding bus operators, and are grateful for the loyalty and focus they bring to their work each day."

Way to represent HART, Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments to this blog are moderated by HART staff. Constructive comments are welcome; any obscene, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate comments will be deleted before posting. Questions about specific service ("is my bus on time?") cannot be answered here, and should be directed to the HARTinfo Line at (813) 254-HART (4278). General questions may be addressed in future posts.