With the introduction of MetroRapid and providing transportation services to more than 14.6 million Hillsborough County residents - 2013 was a critical year for HART. This total represents the fourth straight year of record ridership for the authority, and 9 of the past 10 years.
- December 2013 ridership marked 78,369 more trips than the same month last year.
- 9 weekdays in December exceeded 50,000 daily riders.
- MetroRapid ridership in December was 45,769.
- Year-to-date (October 2013 - December 2013), bus ridership is up 2.4 percent; an increase of 89,239 trips, compared to the same period last year.
- Monthly bus ridership has been on the rise for 8 consecutive months.
In addition, Almost 230,000 trips from University of South Florida students, faculty and staff have been taken on HART services since July. In December the use of the HART U-Pass service for USF students, faculty and staff increased 23 percent compared to last year. The U-Pass program is a partnership with the university that allows students to ride any HART local bus for free with a valid student ID; faculty and staff ride for 25¢.