The HART Board unanimously voted to adopt the fiscal year 2012 budget and a millage rate of .5000. This vote took place after Monday's final budget public hearing, held at the HART Administrative Office in Ybor City.
The total fiscal year 2012 HART budget includes a capital budget of $40.1 million, and an operating budget of $60.7, which is less than the originally proposed budget of $65.7 million and less than last year's budget of $62.7. The operating budget supports:
- 44 Regular, Express, and HARTFlex Routes
- Service until midnight on eight routes, which operate as early as 4:30 a.m.
- In-Town Trolley during rush time weekday mornings and late afternoons
- Paratransit operations, or transportation for persons with disabilities
- Streetcar operations
- More than 200 buses and vans
- 3,700 bus stops and shelters throughout Hillsborough County
- Customer Service, seven days a week
- More than 1 million trips each month!
Budget documents are available at http://www.gohart.org/ , then click on "Public Meetings."
Each year during the budget development process, two budget hearings are held in September. This year, budget hearings were held Sept. 12 and Sept. 26.
In other matters, during its regular meeting, which took place after the budget hearing, the HART Board voted to authorize a contract for a Project Development & Environment Study and Option for 30 Percent Design Services for the MetroRapid East-West Project to HDR Engineering, Inc., in the amount of $1.9 million, paid for by Hillsborough County Community Investment Tax funds. The term of the contract is 16 months.