Another month, another ridership gain for HART!
The numbers are in, and HART had another strong month for ridership in July with 1,181,409 total trips during the month, a 6 percent increase compared to July 2012.
"These are exciting times at HART, and we are pleased to have the opportunity to provide dependable service to a growing number of riders each and every month," said HART Chief Operating Officer Katharine Eagan.
|MetroRapid launched June 10, 2013|
- MetroRapid ridership in July was 41,822
- July 8 saw the greatest ridership throughout the month with 49,332 riders choosing HART
- Year-to-date (October 2012 - July 2013), bus ridership is up 2.9 percent; an increase of 344,782 trips, compared to the same period last year
- Average weekday was 44,847; up 3.1 percent over July 2012
- Monthly bus ridership has been on the rise for the last 7 consecutive months
Effective Sunday, August 18, HART will make modifications to bus service for MetroRapid North-South and routes 9, 37, and 47LX.
Summary of route modifications:
- MetroRapid North-South: Route permanently moved from Marion Street Transitway to Morgan Street between Marion Transit Center and Kennedy Boulevard and Jackson Street. Minor schedule adjustments. Schedule
- Route 9: 15th Street - Weekday route extended by one-hour to last trip at 8:45 PM (Northbound) and 9:00 PM (Southbound). Schedule
- Route 37: Brandon/Netpark - Weekday route extended by one-hour to last trip at 9:05 PM (Westbound) and 8:05 PM (Eastbound). Schedule
- Route 47LX: Southshore Limited Express - Minor time changes in first northbound trip in order to provide improved connections at Marion Transit Center. Schedule
These service changes were made for cost-effectiveness, to streamline route schedules and adjust to ridership trends.
For complete information and to view schedules for each modified route, visit www.goHART.org, or call HART Customer Service at 813-254-HART (4278).