|HART CEO Philip Hale|
The HART Board's General Counsel also reported on HART Chief Executive Officer's performance evaluation. The board is pleased with Mr. Hale's performance and outstanding leadership.
In other matters, Jeffrey Seward, HART Chief Financial Officer, provided the Board an overview presentation of the FY2014 - FY2023 Transit Development Plan (TDP).
Highlights of the Proposed FY2014 -FY2023 Transit Development Plan (TDP) Annual Overview:
- HART staff decided to do a complete TDP refresh in order to incorporate current community conversations and to ensure that the TDP and the HART budget are in alignment. (In the past the TDP and HART budget were not necessarily coupled.)
- The TDP was a combined organizational effort involving input from every department to create a comprehensive overview of the agency
- The TDP is required in order to secure State Block Grant funding, and HART estimates that it will receive $4.3 million in FY2014
- HART will especially benefit from State Block Grant funding thanks to an increase in ridership. Ridership grew more than 18 percent between FY2008 and FY 2012, and more than 2.8 percent during the first eight months of 2013
- HART Staff Finalize TDP Update
- Full TDP Update for Board approval at first Budget Public Hearing in September
- The next step in the process is that HART will submit the approved TDP to the Florida Department of Transportation in late September
Next Meeting:HART Board Regular will meet Monday, August 5 at 9 a.m., at the HART Ybor Office, 1201. E. 7th Ave., in Tampa.